What Payments Methods Do You Accept?
At Bridgeview Dental we accept payment by cash, Interac, Mastercard, Visa, Amex, Discover and Dental Card which is third-party interest-free financing.
Are My Treatments Covered By Insurance?
Many insurance plans cover a portion or all of the treatments offered at Bridgeview Dental. We normally take payment at the time of your appointment however our office will gladly direct bill your insurance company for dental services. We kindly ask that you leave an imprint of your credit card as well as a signed authorization to put any amounts not covered by your insurance on the card:
- Payment of the portion not covered by your dental plan is expected on or before the day of treatment.
- If we are not able to determine the amount of your dental coverage based on the information provided, full payment of your account is required, or you can sign a waiver to charge your credit card for any amount not paid by your insurance.
- If for any reason your insurance has denied your claim:
- “This service is not a covered expense”
- “The dependant is not on the plan”
- “The claim was submitted after the plan was terminated”
- “We cannot locate the patient with the information provided” or for any other reason, we will bill your credit card, and will forward the appropriate documents to you so that your insurance can reimburse you directly. (if necessary)
MSI Coverage For Children
Once a year, the program covers:
- 1 routine dental exam
- 2 routine x-rays
- 1 preventive service (for example, brushing and flossing instruction)
- 1 fluoride treatment
- scaling (1 unit for children 10 and younger; 2 units for children 11 to 14)
Fillings, necessary extractions and nutritional counselling are also covered by the program. Additional fluoride treatments are sometimes covered, as determined by your dentist.
Residents must use their private insurance first, when applicable, before the program will provide coverage. If your child is eligible for the program, your dentist should not charge you any expense for those services that are covered. Your dentist should bill MSI directly and they will receive payment based on the regulated fee. You are not responsible for the difference for costs that are covered under the program. If your private insurance covers the regulated fee, then MSI will not provide any additional top up.
*If any additional services are required to those listed above, the dentist may charge you up to their own private rate*
What Can I Do If I Have No Insurance Plan Options?
We know that many people do not have a health insurance plan that they can fall back on to help them cover the cost of their treatments. We don’t want this to be a reason why you decide not to continue getting the help you need. We can help you apply for Dental Card financing, where payments can be made over anywhere from 3 months to 6 years.
Check out their website at www.dentalcard.ca
Whatever your situation, we want you to get the care you need. If you are concerned about being able to afford the services offered at Bridgeview Dental please let us know and we can help you make it work. We do not want the cost of dental treatment to get in the way of what you need.
No Financial Surprises
At Bridgeview Dental, before we start a procedure, we’ll give you a cost estimate so you know approximately what the treatment fees will be. If you like, once we have a treatment plan, and the cost, we can check with your insurance company to see what is covered. This way, we can collect from your insurance company immediately if we have all the information we need.
Sometimes if this information isn’t readily available, you’ll have the choice of either delaying treatment until we have 100% of the information, or begin treatment right away on a pay-as-you-go basis. We’ll also accept a credit card imprint for any amount not covered by your dental policy.
In order to make this decision easier, our Treatment Coordinator Carrie will be happy to take the time to go over your insurance coverage and give you a better idea of what your best payment approach might be.
For your convenience, we accept payment from Visa, Mastercard, Interac, Discover and Amex. Dental Card, which is our third-party financing, is available for all treatment situations in order to make them affordable.